Are you a student of tourism, hospitality or a related field? Are you eager to apply your skills in a practical setting? If so, this internship opportunity could be the perfect fit for you!
About the Company
Located in Mérida, Mexico, this luxury boutique hotel offers guests a unique and fascinating experience. The hotel offers visitors the chance to discover the rich culture, history and hospitality of the Yucatan Peninsula. Each guest’s stay is designed with a tranquil atmosphere and luxurious surroundings to offer an unforgettable journey. In the next five years, the hotel aims to become a boutique chain, so several projects are underway that you can be a part of.
If you are interested in gaining experience in a unique boutique hotel, read on and apply!
Are you passionate about the hospitality industry and eager to gain hands-on experience in a boutique hotel? We are looking for a dynamic intern to have the opportunity to immerse yourself in all aspects of our boutique hotel. During your internship, you will rotate through various departments including Front Office, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Marketing & Sales, Events, HRM and Finance. This broad internship will give you a well-rounded understanding of the hospitality industry and provide you with valuable skills for your future career.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
- Assist with guest check-in and check-out, handle reservations and provide exceptional customer service
- Understanding restaurant and bar operations, including serving, bartending and interacting with customers
- Participate in marketing initiatives, including social media campaigns and promotional activities to attract guests
- Contribute to the planning and execution of special events hosted at the hotel or the beach club
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focus and passion for the hospitality industry
- Detail-oriented with a desire to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication in English and basic knowledge of Spanish is required
- Any other language is a plus
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is an advantage, but not required
- Gain extensive experience in various hotel departments
- Develop a variety of skills in the hospitality industry
- Network with professionals in the hospitality industry
- Coverage of one meal
- Internship coverage discussed during the interview, approximately MXN 3,000 pesos
Luxury boutique hotel
3 to 6 months
1. Reply to this vacancy or contact us by email/WhatsApp
2. We will give you more details about the position and our process
3. Your profile and CV will be shared with the company
4. If selected, an interview will be scheduled
5. In case of mutual interest, we will formalize your placement
The company is open to investigating other internship possibilities with students. Do you see yourself in this company, but there is no vacancy that fits your profile (yet)? Send us an email or Whatsapp message so we can see if there is a possibility for you.
Student Life Mexico
Read more about Merida in our blog here!